Saturday, May 29, 2010

iPad Chase




It's raining Sunday morning, Taylor and I went to Apple Store. Initially headed north to Chermside but landed in Carindale. I've always thought it was that direction. What happened to my knowledge of Geography? Unless, I've forgotten my orientation of where is North, South, East, and West! Got in to Australia Post and browsed in the Yellow Pages for Chermside Shopping Mall. Lost finding Gympie Road due to new roadworks at the airport. Decided to go south instead to Robina after driving for about 35 kilometers.

After 55 minutes driving south, finally arrived at around 11am after missing the left turn to my usual entrance, Kmart parking side. Taylor and I had brunch first.

After we fed the hungry worms inside us, went to Apple Store. Wow! All these people queued in for a chance to try on the new toy on the block. Didn't take us more than 5 minutes though, Taylor and I had one each to scrutinise it.

As I was walking around the store, one of the sales person apparently the store manager approached. I asked him if possible to cancel my online order. He replied that he can't cancel in my behalf, only I can do the cancellation; however, online store is closed for the weekends. Apparently, they have stocks on WiFI + 3G, 64 GB only which I sought for. The manager said if online store will not cancel my order, I can return the iPad within two weeks. He said Apple Online will no doubt cancel it as it happened before.

I bought my iPad. Okay, I spent a bit more for the added one year insurance, not that I ever use it but just in the safe side...you never know!

I suppose I didn't care what others say. I love new toys and this thing is so wonderful.

When we left, the que was back again, right out the door!

Got home, unpacked, activated and registered the unit. Synced all my Apps even the ones for iPhones except my Contacts. Rearranged the icons by grouping accordingly. Added photos, music, videos and audibooks. All that 64GB only left me of 48.12Gb free space: Audio 509.2MB, Photos 8.55GB, Apps 1.60GB, iBooks 3.3MB, and Other 4.14MB.

Oh, well...I'd better get to business and devour this iPad to discover its limits.

You can follow me further on iPad Chase but under iPad Experience here http://tekcraze.blogspot.com/search/label/iPad.

PS: By the time I finished writing this up, Contacts now in synced. Tested Apps all working at its best.

Note: Taylor who didn't want to come along...now he wanted it!